Sunday, September 30, 2012

Home Sweet Home.







 Livi's Room
 Ava's Room
 Mine and Andy's Room
 Back Yard.

 So much space to play!
Cute tree lined neighborhood.


This past week had been kinda hard. I miss my house. For those of you reading who don't know we bought a house back in March and only got to live there for a few short months. Andy got a new job and the drive back and forth was too much. It was an hour for him to get to work and an hour and a half drive home. Its GREAT that he got a new job it was just bad timing. I've been looking forward to owning my own home for a very long time. Andy and I have moved so many times since we got married. This past move was our 12th!! We decided to set down some roots and felt like things were pretty steady so that is why we bought our house in the first place. I feel like I was just getting to know our neighbors and ward really good. That is huge for me because moving around so much its hard to get to know people or to even want to. I'm pretty shy and it takes a lot for me to get out of my comfort zone.
 My little neighborhood was really close nit and we would all go walking together a few times a week as well as book club, and craft night. I LOVED it! I had friends!! I finally felt at home! Not to mention my actual home felt so comfortable and homey. Needless to say it was REALLY hard for me to move. I would do anything for Andy and for the sake of our family. The move had to happen. We rented our house out and moved to our new place. I feel lonely here. The neighbors all keep to themselves and the ward could care less about us. (that's how it feels anyways.) I know I need to have a better attitude and I'm trying. This is my little venting session. I'm hoping maybe we can make it back to our house next year and Andy can ride the Front Runner for a few months so we can finish the basement of the house and then sell it. That's kind of the plan. Plans change so I'm trying not to get my hopes up just yet.... Anyways I never posted pictures of the house so I thought I would take a little walk down memory lane and share some pictures. Now remember we were only there for a few months and so I didn't get all the painting and decorating done that I had planned.
I'm focusing on enjoying life in the "Now." I will be happy now and not when we have a house or when we move again or sometime in the future when everything is perfect. I just needed to get it off my chest and out there so now I can live for the now in life and enjoy my little family and watch my sweet girls grow.
It's going to be hard some days (today is a hard day.) but I know I can do it! Thanks for letting me vent and whine to you.

5 comments:

Jena said...

Ari, your house is so cute -- which makes it sad that you had to move :( But I am sure that Heavenly Father has a plan for you and Andy - there are probably people in your new ward who feel the same as you, and have been praying for a friend! (at least that's what I'm keep telling myself about our ward here in Nowhereland). I wish you SO MUCH luck! Know that I am rooting for you!

Just Lindsay said...

Sorry Ari, I do know how you feel in that I wish I was living in my own home too. We'd love you guys to come back. Maybe something will change!?

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

It's amazing how frequently I feel like I also need that reminder to live in the now. Enjoy life today...or at least fake it until you feel like you are enjoying it. :) I hope you settle into the new place and start enjoying it. Change is always so hard, especially when you were comfortable where you were. Good luck with finding friends and settling in.

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

You could come back to Logan and play with me!

Jessie said...

Ari, I don't know if you remember me (I'm pretty sure we had a class together at BYU-I) anyways, I've seen your blog on Meagan & Julia's and decided to see what you guys are up to. Your family is so cute! This post totally rings true to me--we are living in Nephi, UT right now (It's tiny & I feel the same way you do!) but we've stuck it out for 2 years now and I'm finally feeling like I can't take it anymore. It's so hard when others are so closed off :( So just know that you are not alone!! And also, if you ever want anyone to hang out with...I'm a little ways away but I'm here :)