Sunday, March 4, 2012

Meet Ava Kathleen Rowland!

Our new family of 4!







Livi loves her baby sister!

Ava Kathleen Rowland joined our little family on February 29th 2012 at 11:13am. 6lbs 11oz 18.5 inches long. She is perfect! The labor went surprisingly quick! I was induced around 7:30am. Dr. Nance came in and broke my water around 8:00 and soon after I recieved my Epidural. All in all it was only around 4 hours! After I got my epidural I could still feel the contractions. It was weird because from my belly button down was totally numb so I was confused as to why I kept feeeling my contractions. After pushing my button a few times and switching sides I convinced my nurse to go the guy and see what he did wrong. Well while we were watiting my doctor came in to check me and I was complete and ready to push! He said that was why I was so uncomfortable. I was kind of in shock! I didn't know it was going to go that fast! Well about a contraction and a half later Ava was born! She popped right out! It was seriously like 2 minutes of pushing! It was amazing! You can never truly describe the feeling of seeing your baby for the first time! Dr. Nance said it was a REALLY good thing she came as quickly as she did because the cord was wrapped around her neck not only once but 4 times!!! It was an amazing day! I love my Ava girl so much already! She is beautiful just like her sister! I couldn't ask for more! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and two beautiful girls! Livi is loving her little sister! She calls her "baby" and likes to push her in the swing and help mommy change her diaper. I've tried hard to give Alivia attention and keep her on her regular routine and she hasnt' really been to upset by the change. She is a little more needy but she has handled it like a champ! Ava has her days and nights totally mixed up but I don't mind. I like to play and get to know her and give her lots of attention while Liv is asleep so I don't feel like i'm negelecting Alivia. I think I can balance both girls eventually.

p.s. I should explain her middle name.... Kathleen is my Dad's mom and is an amazing woman! I just felt impressed that Ava carry her name. Grandma is really excited about it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats...

Elise said...

She's so cute! And tiny! I'm happy everything went fast and so well for you. Congrats!

doni said...

I wish I only had to have a birthday once every 4 yrs. Ha! She is so sweet!

Lexy @ The Proper Pinwheel said...

I can't wait to meet her next month! I'm sad that she'll almost be two months when I do, but still! She's gorgeous. And I love Kathleen.

Love you!

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

So. Darn. Cute!! Your little family is so darn cute! Can't wait to see the new little one in person...hopefully sooner rather than later!