Sunday, March 29, 2009



So it was my very first time learning to snowboard and so Andy took me up the lift and then we went to find a small hill I could learn on....... well there was a really thick fog at the top of the mountain and we couldnt see a thing! We ended up going off the side of the mountain and onto a "Black Diamond" run. If you don't know what black diamond is, it is the hardest run on the mountain. Anyways we kept going down and we couldnt get back to the top and we couldnt see where and the heck we were going. It SUCKED! Anyways we had to make it to the bottom so I eneded up riding my board like a sled sliding all the way down on my butt. Pretty crappy for my first run. Andy tried to help me down by doing a snowplow and I ended up falling right on top of Andy cutting my leg on his board. After a lot of crying and freezing we made it back to the lodge and off to First Aid to get my leg bandaged up.

2 comments:

doni said...

That is the worst feeling. You feel so helpless. I remember that when I first learned to ski.

Brad and Emily said...

My first experience skiing was so unpleasant that I haven't been back since. The cabin looks like a lot of fun at least!